Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Prayer to the God of My Life


God You are faithful as the day is long...
There is no time when you are unfaithful.
You are faithful when I am faithless.
You are the giver of faith.
You open up the eyes of my heart to have faith
And in giving me that faith I receive an assurance of what I hope for.
My faith is useless if not backed up with obedience.
You call me to add to my faith:
goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness, and love.
These are the fruits of the Spirit.
You are called the Author and Perfector of my faith.
By faith I know that I am justified, am being sanctified and will be glorified with Christ.
This may be what You mean by exercising our faith so that it might increase.
Your word says that if I have faith that moves mountains
but I lack the transformed heart and action of love, I AM NOTHING.
There is a righteousness that comes from faith it is close to me—on my lips and heart.
The conviction that comes from faith causes me to confess that: Jesus is Lord.
You are the faithful witness and Your name itself is: Faithful and True.



See just a few verses....
Romans 10:9
Ephesians 2:8
2 Peter 1:6
1 Corinthians 13:2
Revelation 19:11

2 comments:

  1. Great blog! Some more encouraging words to strengthen faith. :)
    "Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world. 1 John 4:15-17" "For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world, our faith. Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? 1 John 5:4-5" "The one who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son. And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life. 1John 5:10-15"
    Isn't it awesome that His grace is more than sufficient for us and that even faith(faithfulness) is a fruit of His Spirit in our lives. God bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey GospelofLove! Thanks for commenting. It seems you've been meditating on some of the core gospel truths (as I have been). Sometimes, I get so tangled up with the smaller points of theology that I need to remind myself to get back to the basics: Christ the Son of God, salvation by grace etc. I keep asking myself, "Okay, if I had ten minutes to disciple a new believer, what are the fundamental truths I would share with him/her?"

    I really appreciate those verses you posted too. The Father's love for us! So amazing!
    .

    ReplyDelete